Monday, February 21, 2011

Eco-Monday: Recycled cashmere for your little one

Although I'm on the West Coast at the moment enjoying the beautiful sunshine, I'm well aware that I won't be so lucky upon my return to the East Coast this coming Saturday. I'm prepared to pull out the jeans and cashmere once again, and rock my staple wool dress with legging and boots. With this cold weather in mind, I wanted to give a shout-out to a company that does recycled, cold-weather style for my little one seem effortless and oh, so chic.

Luvette is a small eco-responsible, mother owned design studio in Berkeley. She does up-cycling at it's best, taking repurposed felt cashmere and old wool sweaters and creating beautifully designed, handcrafted baby and toddler clothes. These cast-offs are chosen for color, quality and softness of material, and are reincarnated into special little things for your bunny. The line includes simple cashmere dresses, felted wool bibs, soft wool and cashmere pants (called longies and shorties), skirts, overalls and baby blankets.

Here are a few of my favorites:
Bibs too cute to mess up!


Bloomies to die for! I want a pair.

A chicken is the new Fido, at least in my house.

The attention to details is amazing, and every piece is a unique work of art, sewn with a lot of love, one by one. She also does custom pieces, so if  you have a sweater that's of sentimental value that you  just can't part with, she can make it into something magical and long lasting for your little one. Check out the rest of her stuff, here.

Happy Monday! xoxo, Laura

1 comment: